ABOUT ME AND THIS SITE
I've been thinking about creating my own website for quite some time, but I can tend to be unwilling to chart new territory, and often get sidetracked by my own fears. I am a writer at heart, but it can be a daunting task to pour your heart out to strangers and even friends, not knowing if they will understand the heart of your writings.
Here are a few things you should know about me, up front:
Before and above all else, I am a Christian, and that will permeate all of my writings. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes. (Romans 1:16)
I am a hopeless sinner who lives in desperate need of God's precious grace everyday to live a life that pleases Him. I do not write thinking that I know everything on any of these subjects. One things is for sure, I am teachable - that's why I read much more than I write. Wisdom is found when we, with discernment, take counsel from others who know more about a subject than we do.
I have been married almost 20 years to a wonderful man of God. I fell in love with him when I was just 15, and I've loved him like C*R*A*Z*Y ever since. I greatly anticipate growing old with him. Most important of all is that not only is he my husband and best friend, but my brother in Christ, and that is the greatest joy of all.
I am the mom to three of the most beautiful girls ever born. I have one daughter, in heaven - "on deposit" we like to say - who died at 13 months of age, she would be 15 (at the time of this writing 2009). She died when I was 24, and it changed my life, and who I am, forever. My 2nd beautiful daughter is now 12. Our third child, another beautiful girl, from Guatemala, will be 3 in another month. All of my girls are dark haired, brown eyed beauties, and I count it a joy and a privilege to be their momma. We would love to have more, by adoption,if the Lord sees fit to accomplish that in our lives.
Now for the juicy stuff: :O)
1. I am a hopeless book addict. I buy them, I read them, I hoard them, I store them, it goes on and on. I just can't seem to get enough. Worst of all, my husband seems to be joining me in this addiction, and I think I've passed it on to my children.
2. I am obsessed with organizing things. If I can organize it I will, and if I think of a way it might be done better, I'll reorganize it; you can bet your life on that.
3. I love Januarys and Mondays! They are the absolute best times for starting over and trying to get it right the next year or week.
4. I spend entirely too much time online. You must too or you wouldn't be reading this. :o)
5. I am truthful to a fault. Some might call it painfully honest. Who it's painful for depends on what I'm saying.
6. I love going to the movies with my family and eating Milk Duds, Peanut M&Ms or Chewy Sweet Tarts.
7. I enjoy listening to great Bible teaching from Bible scholars who have some depth to them. (ie: Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Kay Arthur, and my local favorite David Platt) I do not want to hear a single ounce of "Prosperity Gospel" or anything of the sort. Quoting a favorite Bible teacher, "that doctrine only sells in the United States." One of these days I'll get around to adding some good links to these fine men and women of God.
8. I love to make people laugh. So when you're reading my writings, try to do so with a sense of humor. If it sounds like I'm on a rant, I probably am, but otherwise expect the tone to be comical.
9. I am incredibly loyal - to my God, my family, my friends, and my dog (a little Shih-tzu named Jasmine who might as well count as my fourth daughter).
10. I homeschool our oldest daughter who is incredibly bright (and of course I'm partial), and most days it's a joy. I will continue homeschooling until she graduates, as long as the Lord wills. The same will be true of our youngest. I have always said that, "Homeschooling is an amazing way to put a microscope on your sins and those of your children." So, you'll find my thoughts on homeschooling in the appropriate section. As the climate of our Country continues to change, I am ever more concerned about the Public School system being used as an indoctrination outlet for everything from evolution based science and global warming to sexual promiscuity education and homosexuality "tolerance".
*** Note, if you are anti-homeschooling, that's fine, just steer clear of that part of the website and you'll be fine :O) you'll still find plenty of information here to read and enjoy. If you are happy with the Public Schools, you may find some of the links in that area frustrating or even offensive. It is not my intention to be divisive with my fellow Believers, but I do wish to encourage others who have brought their children home. So, just focus on the parts of the site that are applicable to you and your life.
I hope that you will enjoy
reading what you find here.
If you do, please bookmark the page
and invite your friends to join us.
To God be the glory, I am indeed
AT HOME FOR HIM!